Each year the Santa Fe University of Art and Design Charitable Foundation will award a scholarship to a student in the Contemporary Music Program who is actively working in the area of music composition, electroacoustic music, computer music, acoustic ecology, world music, or sound design. This scholarship, The Steven M. Miller Scholarship for Music Composition and Sound Design, is available to students who have completed their first academic year of study at SFUAD. The awardee will receive $500 per semester for the following school year, which will be credited to the student’s SFUAD account, to be used for qualified educational expenses (books, tuition, fees, room & board, supplies). International students are eligible for an award, but must submit a FAFSA waiver.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Enrolled as a Music Major at SFUAD and working primarily in the areas of composition, electroacoustic music, sound design or world music
- Enrolled as a full time student (12 credit hours) at SFUAD, have earned a minimum of 24 credits
- Have a financial aid (FAFSA) application filed with SFUAD
- Enrolled for the 2016-2017 academic year of study
- To complete the application process, download the following required documents, complete the application and FERPA Release Form, and email your application packet to the address listed.
To complete the application process, download the following required documents, complete the application and FERPA Release Form, and email your application packet to the address listed.
- Steven M. Miller Scholarship Informational Letter
- Steven M. Miller Scholarship Application
- FERPA Release Form
- FAFSA Waiver (for international students only)